What is the Blackbaud FAN Club?
When prospective customers are considering new Blackbaud products or services for their organizations, they often wish to reach out to current customers to hear about their experience working with us. It can be reassuring to hear from others who are happy with us and our solutions.
Blackbaud customers who are willing to share their success stories are eligible to become members of our FAN Club. FAN Club members have the opportunity to participate in a range of activities that tell your own “Blackbaud story” and promote your success as an industry leader.
How can you participate?
You can choose to be a FAN Club member through:
- Case studies/customer snapshots – These brief stories highlight your organization’s business challenges, the software solution(s) or service(s) that best fits your needs, and the end results. Case studies and snapshots may be posted on our website and distributed at events once you give your final approval.
- Video Testimonials – Tell us your story on video! We’ll provide the resources to interview you on camera and get a glimpse of your organization’s mission and success. Video testimonials are posted on our website and BlackbaudTV.
- Speaking engagements – Be seen as an industry expert and share your passion at any of our Blackbaud events. Sharing your story at sales seminars, user groups, and Blackbaud conferences is a great way to highlight your nonprofit.
- Onsite visits – Some organizations don’t just want to talk to happy customers – they want to see them in action and get an up-close look at how Blackbaud helps them better deliver on their missions. Host a prospect in your area and share your story for a more personal interaction and networking experience.
- Peer-to peer conversations – The most common way to participate as a FAN Club member is to engage in peer-to-peer conversations. With your permission, we will pair these phone calls, matching prospects with a similar customer who can best help guide their decision-making process.
Why should you become a member? What are the benefits?
Benefits of being a FAN Club member include numerous unique networking opportunities, publicity through various media outlets, thought leadership positions, and exclusive members-only benefits.
What should you expect from a peer-to-peer conversation?
We understand that your time is limited, so we make participating simple and manage the details for you. Although most participants choose to share their stories through peer-to-peer conversations, how involved you wish to be is completely up to you.
When we identify a prospect whom we feel would be a great match for you, one of our customer engagement specialists will contact you to provide the background. We always protect your privacy and obtain permission before passing along your contact information. With your permission, we have the prospect contact you to schedule a convenient time for the conversation. We also keep track of the calls to make sure you are not overburdened.
Ready to join?
Become a FAN today! Simply complete our FAN Club candidate form to get started. A member of our customer engagement team will contact you to officially enroll you in the Club. You are eligible to be a FAN Club member as soon as you are a Blackbaud customer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much time do I have to commit?
Each FAN Club member sets his or her own individual time commitment level. FANs have the flexibility to participate as frequently or infrequently as desired. Taking one phone call per month involves approximately a 15- to 20-minute time commitment.
What kinds of questions do prospects ask?
Most questions are very general in nature. Because a prospect is in the evaluation process, questions about the software itself tend to be high-level . There are some requests in which the prospect is evaluating a specific module/component or already owns the product and is looking to share best practices. In these cases, we will provide the conversation detail and you can let us know if you are a match.
What happens after I join?
After becoming a FAN Club member, you can expect us to reach out to you if we have a prospect whom we feel you are a good match to speak with. You can also be selected to do a case study, video testimonial, or speak at an event. Blackbaud FANs receive members-only benefits that you are also eligible for after joining.
Can I decline phone calls or other marketing requests?
Yes, at any time FANs are able to decline reference requests or other opportunities. This is why we will ask your permission on a case-by-case basis so you are able to customize your FAN Club participation level.
Whom can I contact with any other questions?
For any other questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of our customer engagement team will happily answer any questions you may have or serve as a resource for you.